Most Wonderful Mother and Grandmother
24 September 1918- 29 November 2013
Io has one less follower. My mom, 95 years old, died today. Every day she looked forward to seeing Io’s newest post and loved each one. This amazing woman was a nurse who met her husband, an intern at Monmouth Memorial Hospital in 1946. They were married for 58 years and raised five daughters and nurtured five grandchildren. My mother did everything: propagator of wildflowers from bottle gentians to lady slippers, organic gardener who in her nineties was still growing tomato plants from seed for her family and friends, avid reader- especially history, painter, amazing cook, Girl Scout leader, music lover (one of Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard’s biggest fans), protector of all wild birds, seamstress who created beautifully embroidered layette items and for her grandchildren as well as hand sewn dolls and stuffed animals. She leaves a family enriched by her love and passion for literature, art, and the natural world.
I love you, Mom.
Io and Tim. Io looks worried.
Rutabaga? WTF is a rutabaga?
Eye on the ball….Io always on the ball.
Io is a sad sack when he’s in the kitchen without his family.
Io is happy his family is together this weekend.
corgiandapsofriend asked: Hi Io! I have selected you to share 5 random facts about yourself! Once you have shared your facts pick 10 of your followers to do the same!!
Thanks to oliverthecorgi, moonstarcorgis, and corgiandapsofriend for choosing Io!!
Here are six random facts:
- Three sentences that Io responds to immediately: Do you want dinner? Do you want to take a nap? Do you want to play ball?
- When it’s time to come inside, Io will frequently ignore my request to come. But…if I start counting…1….2…. I never get to 3 because he runs as fast as he can to come inside. I have no idea why.
- When I get up in the morning, Io greets me as if I have been away for a week. He sleeps in the same room with me but that doesn’t make our daily reunion any less special.
- His favorite toys are cat toys.
- Io’s AKC name is Honeyfox Don’t Feed After Midnight
- Io was selected to be in the Cute Overload Calendar for 2015!!